Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Adventures in Wedding Crafting: The Card Box

Besides Emily, two of the things I love most in this world are Disney and crafting.  Weddings are the most perfect vehicle for taking advantage of these.  So naturally, when we started throwing out ideas for our wedding, Disney and DIY crafts came up. I could put Disney into literally every piece of our wedding, but Emily had to slow me down and put some restrictions on my Disnerding. (Rest assured, there will be plenty of opportunities for our guests to seek Hidden Mickeys and other secret Disney touches on the day of.)

The subject of today's installment of our journey is one of our Disney crafts. While it may be overdone and somewhat expected, I've been counting on this since the first time I saw the film UP. Cliche or not, I'm so excited about it. 

Hopefully you'll all be familiar with this scene, a beautiful moment between the film's couple.  This is the inspiration for our mailbox. 
Image result for up mailbox
Courtesy of Pixar Animation Studios and Walt Disney Pictures

We started with a trip to Lowe's to get the mailbox.  As luck would have it, we found a gray box (perfect for our color scheme) that was on sale! Fate. 

Yes, I'm wearing shorts. 
The plan was to add our hand prints and names, just like in the movie. Emily had the fantastic idea of adding Lavender's paw print as well.  Thankfully, Lavender is the most easy-going, chill dog on the planet, so we figured we'd catch her while she was lounging on her bed (which she does 80% of the time).

Blinkey-eyed and freshly woken-up from a nap.

She didn't really seem to mind; she allowed us to maneuver her around and play with her feet. The only thing she wasn't exactly thrilled by was the paint on her toes...she hates it when her feet are wet. Thankfully she still tolerated us and only tried to wiggle free a couple of times.

Her face says "I'm not sure what you're doing but I'm not a fan." She gives me this look a lot. 

Giving in. 

The perfect made-with-a-little-too-much-paint paw print. 

I'm so thrilled with how cute it turned out...it's PERFECT and exactly what we were going for.  I'm so excited to share it with all of you in October 2018. 

I should note, we managed to not get any of turquoise paint on the beige carpet! We had a bit of a scare with some turquoise paint-water right after we washed her paw, but thankfully it came out easily. 


The finished product

Emily managing to get paint all over her face.

Displeased with her involvement in the wacky ideas of Moms.




1 comment:

  1. I don't know what the purpose will be but it is really cute
    Lavender seems to be very patieht

    ReplyDelete